I’m so glad to be vaccinated and to be able to visit with my grown children, live and in person, once again. It’s heartening to see the world slowly reopening after more than a year of self isolation.
Will live readings be part of my book tour this summer? Not quite yet, but stay tuned!
What’s coming in June
This month I’m looking forward to:
- A spot on the great The Safe Haven Podcast (recording June 1)
- The “Third Thursday Virtual Fireside Chat” with Author Tamara Sellman, hosted by Martha Salinas. June 17, 7pm Pacific time, via the Bainbridge Artisan Resource Network (BARN)(REGISTER HERE TO WATCH)
- An encore live appearance on the UK’s Chat & Spin radio broadcast on June 28 (11am, Pacific time)
- A live appearance with Luther Allen for the PoetryBridge LIVE! virtual reading event on June 28 (7pm, Pacific time)
More events are slated for July, and then I’ll be taking a break in August.
If you haven’t attended a live event or viewed a recorded one by now, and you want to, stay connected through my virtual tour list to receive links to upcoming events as they happen while they’re still happening.
This, with any luck, will include live readings and other open-air, face-to-face events as bookstores, libraries, and other venues open up.
In case you missed it…
Here’s a look at what’s taken place since Intention Tremor officially launched in February 2021:
- FEB 2, 2021: THE INTENTION PARTY (book launch) (watch on YouTube)
- FEB 2, 2021: THE TREMOR PARTY (book launch) (watch on YouTube)
- MAR 1-31, 2021: #31DaysOfMS campaign for National MS Awareness Month
- MAR 1-31, 2021: March Madness for MS Book Selfie Challenge
- MAR 5, 2021: Associated Writing Programs conference bookfair Author’s Table (accessible to attendees only)
- MAR 17, 2021: Parley Poetry reading (Fringe afterparty) Watch the entire reading in YouTube
- MAR 23, 2021: FUMS podcast episode 077 guest appearance Go to episode 077 and listen now/there be prizes!
- MAR 28, 2021: Friends & Family party
- MAR 31, 2021: Interview and reading with Jane’s Stories Press Foundation (Watch the event in YouTube)
- APR 14, 2021: Coast Weekend Virtual Book Club conversation with Barbara McMichael (watch on Facebook Live)
- APR 15, 2021: Erratic Dispatches podcast guest appearance (listen at the site)
- APR 18, 2021: National Poetry Month Reading hosted by Gayle Brandeis, featuring Tamara Kaye Sellman with Jeannine Hall Gailey & Emily Rose Cole (link forthcoming)
- MAY 22, 2021: Live interview, Chat & Spin Radio UK
- MAY 24, 2021: “A Chronic Illness Poetry Salon” hosted by Lorene Alba, featuring Tamara Kaye Sellman with Julene Tripp Weaver, Rene Mullen & Risa Denenberg (watch on YouTube)
- MAY 25, 2021: Reclamation Podcast guest appearance (link forthcoming)
- MAY 29, 2021: Excelsior Journeys guest appearance (link forthcoming)
Want to help?
If you haven’t purchased Intention Tremor yet, please consider doing so. Some of my most stalwart supporters buy multiple copies: one for themselves, and copies for their friends and family with chronic illness.
If you know someone living with a new autoimmune disease diagnosis, they may find some guidance and hope from my book; why not send them a copy as a gift to show you support their new journey into the chronic realm?
All of my proceeds from the sales of the book benefit the Accelerated Cure Project (ACP), an organization that MS scientists rely upon to expedite data collection and accelerate research findings.
People with MS don’t have the luxury of time on their side; the disease progresses by means still not clearly understood. Even during a pandemic, 200 people are diagnosed with MS every week in the US. However, research for cures and treatments remain in limbo as COVID-19 consumes all the resources, personnel, and funding available to medical researchers.
When MS research can begin again in earnest, researchers are going to need the ACP like never before.