|Tamara Kaye Sellman|
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Tamara Kaye Sellman, RPSGT, CCSH
Sleep Health Educator, Independent Journalist
- I’m currently curator of SleepyHeadCENTRAL.com, web consultant for the American Sleep Association (ASAA), secretary of the Washington State Sleep Society (WSSS), and co-administrator for the Multiple Sclerosis Unplugged group in Facebook.
- My background in journalism originates with my graduation from Columbia (’90) with an undergraduate degree in Journalism, followed by over 25 years of working in multiple capacities (writing, editing, production, and marketing) for a wide range of publications, both print and digital.
- I earned my RPSGT credentials after studying in the polysomnography program at Highline Community College (2013), and I passed the boards to earn my CCSH credentials a year later.
- As a person with multiple sclerosis, I use my experiences as a journalist, researcher, patient educator, and advocate to help others manage their condition.
- I’m a member of the American Association of Sleep Technologists (AAST), the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM), the National Organization of Sleep Educators (NOSE), the Pacific Northwest Science Writers Association (PNSA), Multiple Sclerosis Unplugged, and the Society for Science & the Public.
I’m currently performing contract work writing blog posts for SleepyHeadCENTRAL.com, the ASAA, the WSSS blog, the AAST, Multiple Sclerosis News Today, and MultipleSclerosis.net. I have limited availability for additional contract blogging assignments for sleep clinics; inquire within.
Subject specialties include sleep health, multiple sclerosis, mental health, health literacy, chronic illness, and public health education.
Currently available on a limited basis to accept assignments; inquire within.
Writing Workshop Facilitation
Currently unavailable to teach workshops due to high volume of writing assignments.
Social Media Engagement
Currently unavailable to manage social media work by contract due to high volume of writing assignments.
Currently unavailable to take on editorial clients due to high volume of writing assignments.
[Information updated 1.24.2017]