OCTOBER 2020: A month of distractions
Take your pick:
- COVID-19 in the White House
- Putting up the garden for winter
- Election debates and controversies
- Domestic terrorism
- New fall TV shows!
- Halloween in a pandemic, with a full moon, and on a Saturday
I can’t believe I got anything accomplished.
WHAT I DECIDED TO DO FOR NANOWRIMO…
Finish some short stories if there’s time. No novel attempts. The timing and the energy is just not right. I’m also teaching a class on writing about illness next month for Kahini, and would rather give my somewhat butchered attention span to that rather than the long haul that is NaNoWriMo. Maybe 2021 will be a better year for it?
October’s #AmWriting Report
This monthly reckoning includes all new work written over the previous month (dates reflect completion, not publication).
This includes paid work (live with links or still in the hopper), blog posts appearing here, and any new creative work I managed to sneak in.
I share links when available (some work is still waiting to be published). This provides me with a reminder that my writing life is rich and full and will let you know what I’m up to.
October 2020 #AmWriting Report
Total word count generated in October: 9,975
RHYMES WITH CAMERA POSTS
Total October word count—3575
- OCT 2, 2020 || Let’s cheer for, and READ, banned books by people of color
- OCT 10, 2020 || To be a literary citizen, give credit where and when it’s due
- OCT 15, 2020 || Writer’s block is ‘Opposite Day’ in my writing life
SLEEP HEALTH ARTICLES
Total October word count—4,800
- OCT 6, 2020 || New pediatric sleep order clarifies restless sleepers
- OCT 8, 2020 || Can mouth breathers overcome CPAP mask leak?
- OCT 9, 2020 || Parkinson’s disease and the circadian role of melatonin
- OCT 27, 2020 || Veterans Day Wish: Let Sleep Defend Against Dementia
- OCT 30, 2020 || Making the most of your CPAP machine comfort settings
- OCT 30, 2020 || What to do when CPAP makes you swallow air
MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS ARTICLES
Total October word count—1,600
- OCT 6, 2020 || MS Good News Report: The Latest Research through September 2020
- OCT 7, 2020 || MS Book Review: Disability Visibility
(NEW WORK GENERATED)
Total October word count—0
- See above reasons for not having brainspace, focus, time, or energy to do any creative writing this month.